2.1.11

Girl Crush



I find myself craving female rock at the moment. Maybe it's because I desperately wish I could live vicariously through them, or maybe because I find it completely sexy and raw. If you are looking for THE female rocker of this time, I believe you should check out Ms. Allison Mosshart of The Kills and The Dead Weather, where her combo with Jack White might be the essence of Rock and Roll for me right now. Watching Mosshart preform is like seeing someone become possessed by the rock music devil. It's quite actually the realest of most unreal live shows.
Watch this lady preform "I'm Mad". Amazing


In an interview about her stripped down preforming style, Mosshart stated, "I love being onstage and performing in front of people because it's scary and it makes you really push yourself. You're showing what you do. It's real. The realest form of anything, I think, is performing."



Found this video that I really dig. Allison with British guitarist Jamie Hince in The Kills. Lofi Garage Rock.


I guess she is my girl crush :)


1 comment: